Sunday, May 13, 2007

Air Deccan...

Wuhhh,..... finally after great pressure and night outs I finished up with my assignment work ( still having two I's in this sem... :-) ) ...and next day, I knew, I am going away from Madras to complete new place...in city of Nijaam... Hyderabad....
Unfortunately I forgot to recharge my cell before going and on the day of departure I just got reminder...Oh..I have no balance left on my cell, so went to Gurunath took one recharge coupon and tried to recharge, but the bsnl god damn network as usual said... Network Busy..Try again Later...and that later didn't come. So...way to Hyd was started with delay from Hostel, first taxi came late then Ankit took some time to reshuffle his belongings to fit the 15 KG limit for flight and Sameer had a sip of watermelon juice just before leaving the IIT Madras campus...and finally we arrived at Chennai's Airport... ohwo..even Chennai is such a metro city still Airport didn't seem to be exciting as any other airports I have seen. ( even Bagdogara's airport was cleaner and neat than Chennai's )...
There we got our bags checked in for security and all got a Boarding Pass for flight...umma...what was that Pass...even our Saarang tickets have better quality than that.....obb.... Saarang ticket cost around 100 bucks but this our flight ticket cost was only Rs. 10/-... ( excluding the taxes n all :P )...so there is bargain on quality...o.k....so moving to check in area we had my fav. Dairy Milk ( Thanks to Ankit he didn't forget to bring that )..umm. yummy...after finishing my cad bury I was thinking of dropping those wrappers in dust bin...thank god I didn't find any close one otherwise I would have dropped my boarding pass along with those wrappers ...again you can understand the quality of wrapper was better than our boarding pass... ( no comments on Rs. 10/- ticket )...
For just time pass we roamed around and got up to 1st floor to watch landings and stuff....4 Jet Airways, couple of Indian Airlines and Kingfisher , one Saudi Arabian airlines and one of paramount airways planes were there....wait wait wait....what was that...is that a toy plain....no no no....that wasn't toy plain...it was Air Deccan safari...so sad...compare to others air crafts over the board that was so BIG in size...thankfully we were not going to board that one and our airplane just arrived to pick us...that was pretty good size...at least you can not call that as toy plain...size comparable to Kingfisher's one...So ...we moved towards bus to get down near our flight....pleasant welcome by air hostess....as there is no system in Air Deccan for Seat No.s we just put our self finding good position near emergency exit ( in case we need :P )...
As usual in-flight instructions started. It is really funny to watch air hostess acting on the stupid demo for safety (I couldn't hold my laugh)... so after few minutes we thought of relaxing a bit and tried to slide my seat back a little bit...umm...ymm..amm.... shit... damn air Deccan...no seat adjustment :( ... even bus seats are better than those... again..obb....bus ticket cost more than what air Deccan was... Rs. 10/- ticket... ..on the one side of a seat there was some radio channel kind thing where you can put your headphones and listen to some stations but air Deccan's counting start from 3...ya 3 ...no 1 and 2... ( I think it shows there quality...starting from 3rd class... :P ) even flight doesn't have any business class seat..
Our flight was descent one, at least pilot was experienced..out side view was beautiful....surrounded by all clouds and you in middle of air experiencing various shades of sun rays...awesome...at least you get to see mind blowing sight of sunny afternoon with Rs. 10/- ticket... :-) ...Monacco...monacco..parle Monaco...have you seen that ad. ?? where one guy flies along with aircraft and sell Monaco biscuits to passangers....ya...that air hostess remind me that ad when she came to sell Lays packets and all such stuff... oh man...it was getting funnier experiences with Air Deccan. There was some auction kind thing which they gave us while boarding...don't know, who will buy those items whose minimum bid was itself high that you get a better quality stuff from any shopping complex..
Finally after 1 hour of travel our flight landed in city of Nijaam.....at beautiful airport of Hyderabad... and we moved in for finding some accommodation in city. So, this was my experience with Air Deccan....of course with Rs. 10/- ticket....so meet you in next article about first day in Hyderabad....
cheers..

P.S. Total cost of flight to Hyderabad from chennai was Rs. 10( ticket cost ) + 1025 (taxes) = Rs. 1035/-

1 comment:

Tejas Kulkarni said...

I love AirDeccan! :D