Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Public Holiday !!

Raghupati Raghav Rajaram....my cellphone started ringing and unwillingly I had to leave my beautiful dream in halfway.I drew my head away from a shawl and by the time I picked that call, I missed it. I dragged my legs out from bed and I turned towards the monitor balancing myself from early morning laziness. I hit the chair and switched on my computer. "On 30th Jan, the day on which Mahatma Gandhi was shot...IITM enjoying rock show...what a pity...shameless people...".....this two lines of status message caught my attention through half open eyes. First of all rock show was over 29th night only. On 30th , some fusion music and hip-hop band were performing. But still I got his feelings behind that status message.

I strongly disagree with his statement.Why shouldn't we enjoy on such days? Do we need to stop all our work for it? Why??? I don't think it is necessary to sit down at home dumping all our fun time, work time. I know many of you won't like my thoughts. Those may be out of your so called Moral Respect towards national Heroes. But try thinking other way and ask one question to yourself "How many times have you given 'Shraddhanjali -bilkul Dilse'... to them on such occasions?? " I am sure atleast 90 % of you will answer NO to this question. Why do government keep national/ public holidays for such days? Just to relax at home ?? Take a break from office, studies ?? Why ?? ( This doesn't mean that I don't like holidays ;-) ...) But the purpose of keeping day off is not satisfied. So why is it against of so called Moral Respect ? Why should not we enjoy on such days? If you want to remember our national Heroes then just keep one day for remembrance to all and on that day you show your respect towards them.

P.S. - If anyone want nokia keypress ringtone for Raghupati Raghav Rajaram.... then write that in comment. I will post there.

No comments: