Friday, March 16, 2007

Aha Insight !!!!

A beautiful creative photo of droplets


Yesterday night, after running through all day with network assignment and little bit of enjoyment at CS Club event, my mind start stumbling on various thoughts that came to mind. Suddenly my mind started debating to myself "Who is better, Scientist or Artist ?".....I don't know how my thoughts lead me to that, but it just flashes in my mind.

Scientist discovers, Artist creates......both are at their levels....you just can't compare them. The only thing connects them is the feeling..." Aha Insight ! " after every creation the peace of mind experienced is just, is just just....no....you can't bind it in words...but ya, it is great feeling. In my school time, we some group of friends always tried some hard mathematical problems beyond the scope of our level at that age. But whenever I got solution to such things..most of the times just after I woke up around 5 o clock in the morning, I have experienced such 'Aha' feeling. As a artistic part of mine, whenever I write some poetry, just after writing last line of it...sometimes it amazes me, ' Is this my baby?'...or sometimes looking at some beautiful photograph, my eyes react the pleasure I feel.

Many times it seems like art that is created is done in one go or it just sudden realisation of creation. But its not true. There must be innumerable fragments, ideas, impressions, feelings which are playing together, dancing, colliding, meeting, separating, always with some organizing principle coagulating the ideas to form a whole. Then, perhaps when we least expect it, we have an "Aha" or "eureka" moment.

Just look at the picture above. How that artist thought about engaging droplets into necklace ? He has to be mad to think such great idea. Just amazing ! If I decide to just write on the picture above, it will lead to another post ( I won't write more about it now). Various thoughts running all day, may lead to creation. Creation are originated from emotional background, some kind of madness associated with it. Is creative genius somehow woven together with "madness"? According to the dictionary, "to create" is "to bring into being or form out of nothing." Such a powerful, mysterious, and seemingly impossible act must surely be beyond the scope of scientific inquiry. No wonder creativity has for so long been "explained" as the expression of an irrational, intuitive psychic "underground" teaming with forces (perhaps divine) that are unknown and unknowable (at least to the "sane," rational mind).

How can emotional turmoil enhance creativity?

"... his raptures were,
All air, and fire, which made his verses clear,
For that fine madness still he did retain,
Which rightly should posses a poet's brain
-- Michael Dray ton "

Creative person , may be he is a painter, composer, writer or poet or whatever...many times he relates his current state of mind with his art. He dissolves his emotions in his art. Creative people can use their personal pain to help others find wholeness. The people who taste his art may not realise the feelings that artist could have experienced. If creation does come from "the depths of the mind and the depths of the personality and the depths of the unconscious," it may be that the introspective, ruminative state of depression can enhance this journey. "One goes down into the well and nothing protects one from the assault of the truth".

There are various aspects associated with art..It truly reflect our life. In fact, it is science of our life. You feel joy, you feel grieve, you feel proud, you feel distress....It is a dish having all taste of life. One has to have artistic view for looking at it. I wish I could get, eyes of photographer or painter , ear of musician, taste of cook, heart of poet, touch of sculptor and many more......I want to live my life to fullest....I always wish to get the feeling " AHA , INSIGHT !".

Life is an opportunity, cash in on it.
Life is an adventure, get into it.
Life is a tragedy, grow from it.
Life is a struggle, make it sacred.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a promise, meet it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a duty, fulfil it.
Life is a challenge, face it.
Life is a dream, realise it.
Life is beauty, feel it.
Life is bliss, experience it.

2 comments:

Munnu said...

AHA INSIGHT ... ideed .. nice post ..
but in my view .. art, science its all the same

Anonymous said...

Aha Insight , mast lihilayes article:)